Use some of the following ideas from the song for further discussion and research about water.
Ask the children to think of other effects that water produces, where it can be found and how it impacts on their lives.
(1) Rainbows appear when raindrops reflect sunlight, breaking white light into colors.
(2) The sun’s energy causes water to vaporize and evaporate.
(3) Rocks and earth are eroded by water. Over countless years canyons and valleys are created.
(4) The Titanic was thought to be unsinkable until it hit an iceberg ie. frozen water.
(5) There is a finite amount of water on Earth. The same water molecules present at the time of the dinosaurs are still moving throughout the Earth, in the atmosphere, in plants, people and animals.
(6) The water cycle describes the constant movement of water from the oceans to the clouds (evaporation) and back to earth (rain, snow, hail etc).
(7) Think about the sound of a large waterfall roaring or a trickle of water silently moving along a drain.
(8) A still surface of water like a lake can reflect the sky and the surroundings.
(9) Our tears are mostly water.